French Polynesia is often considered one of the best diving destinations in the world. Indeed, between its heavenly islands and its seabed of exceptional beauty, both in terms of flora and fauna, the island offers an idyllic setting for divers. French Polynesia is divided into 5 large archipelagos which represent 118 islands of which only 67 are inhabited by mankind. Two of these archipelagos are particularly interesting for scuba diving in French Polynesia.
Tahiti: just the word conjures up centuries’ worth of images: hibiscus flowers; bronzed dancers in grass skirts; a humid breeze over turquoise sea. The islands of French Polynesia became legends the minute the first European explorers reached their home shores with tales of a heaven on earth where the soil was fertile, life was simple and lust was guilt-free. While the lingering hype is outdated, French Polynesia is still about as dreamy as reality gets. The lagoons are just as blue but there are freeways, more conservative values and nine-to-five jobs. It’s not the untainted paradise of explorer lore, but at least there’s an internet connection.Play Video Sculpted by sky-piercing, moss-green peaks and lined with vivid turquoise lagoons, sultry French Polynesia is a place to take it slow and experience warm, laid-back island culture. - Dive French Polynesia HighlightsDetailsIncluded
General Inclusions on Academy Expeditions:
• Scuba Diving Experiences
• PADI Continued Education & Full Course Certificate Completion
• Conservation/Ecology projects (where applicable)
• Completed diver paperwork and pre-dive administration
• Personal Dive Instructor
• Personal 24-hour UK and Overseas Dive Centre Support
• Sunken Dreams Member(s) of Staff
• Academy Membership Renewal
• Academy Expedition My Classroom Group Forum
• Overseas Transportation & Designated Local Transfers
• Nature/Marine Park Entry Fees
• Twin Share Accommodation
• *3 meals, water & soft drinks per day (*only school/youth groups)
• On site entertainment
• Island Tours, Local Heritage Visits
General Exclusions from the Academy Expedition Package:
• Dive & Travel Insurance
• Relevant Vaccinations
• Passport applications or renewals
• Transfers to Airport
• Supporting documents that might be required by non-EU nationals
• European or Global Health Insurance Card
• Costs for medications whilst on expedition
Optional package extras on Academy Expeditions:
• Basic Scuba Equipment Rental
• Dive & Trave Essentials Kit
• Optional PADI/SSI Specialty & Recreational Courses
• Dive & Travel Insurance
• Academy Expedition Clothing
• Sunken Dreams Expedition Handbook Guide
• Expedition Photo & Video Experience Albums
For more information pleases see our Answers to Your Questions section.
Purchase personalized Course and Expedition photos, prints and memorabilia from the Sunken Dreams Photography e-Shop.Play Video
There was a problem reporting this post.
Please confirm you want to block this member.
You will no longer be able to:
Please note: This action will also remove this member from your connections and send a report to the site admin. Please allow a few minutes for this process to complete.