Expedition Dive Egypt October 08/04/2015 to 17/04/2015
[countdown date=2015/04/30]JUST [timer] UNTIL EXPEDITION THE CANARY ISLANDS![after]EXPEDITION THE CANARY ISLANDS UNDERWAY![/countdown]
Dahab – ‘gold’ in Arabic – is a reference to the area’s sandy-like coastline – the perfect base from which to explore some of the Sinai peninsula’s most exhilarating marine life encounters. A short walk or jeep ride will bring you to plenty of the Red Sea’s most memorable dive sites, whilst taking a boat can draw you within easy striking distance of the world-class reefs in nearby Ras Mohammed National Park.
Predominantly a Bedouin enclave at its heart, Dahab is also the preferred base for organising guided trekking and camel excursions into the interior deserts, as well as to the lofty heights of Mt Sinai. many travelers plan a few nights here and instead stay for weeks. If Dahab is in your sights, be forewarned – after a few days of crystal-clear diving, desert trekking and oceanside dinners you’re probably going to want to postpone your return.
“Looming volcanoes, prehistoric sites, lush pine forests, camel rides, and miles of pristine Sahara-style sand dunes. Yes, this is the jurassic world beyond the Canary Islands’ coastal front. The surreal play of colours of Lanzarote’s lava fields contrast Fuerteventura’s endless lunar-like plains, punctuated by cacti. As the region reintroduces the loggerhead turtles to the hidden beaches, below the water the harbour wrecks and Los Lobos marine parks are homes for stunning atlantic marine life.
Expedition Egypt, Sinai explores the most diverse location on the planet. Apart from enjoying the white sand beaches and Mayan marvels strewn across the mainland, divers will be exposed to some of the most incredible fresh and salt water dive experiences on the planet.
- Complete a range of excursions immersed in antiquity from day trips to Mount Sinai & St. Catherine’s Monastery to Petra temples, Valley of the Kings and Luxor open air museum
- Utilise the Sinai Peninsula’s expansive to enjoy land and water sports from Bedouin desert safaris to kite surfing, quad biking, horse riding, sand boarding and yoga
- Shore dive the notorious reef systems of Dahab and enjoy daily dive excursions to the Ras Muhammad National Park and Costeau’s famous discovery, the S.S. Thislegorm wreck
- Assist with our Eco Foundation research with Biorock installations & shark conservancy
Once you have confirmed your place you will be able to keep up to date with the latest information about the expedition at the Alumni forum and dive related news from the location at our social streams hub.
- International Flights from Heathrow to Sharm El Sheik
- Overseas Airport Transfers & Diving Collections
- Departure Taxes
- 8 nights /9 days Twin Share Accommodation
- 3 meals, water & soft drinks per day. On site entertainment
- PADI Continued Education & Full Course Certificate Completion
- 14 Dives including:
7 x Reef Dives
4 x Camel Safari Dives
2 x Thislegorm Dives
1 x Ras Mohammad National Park Dives
- Camel Diving Safari
- Completed paperwork and pre-dive administration
- Personal Dive Instructor & Dive Equipment
- Personal 24-hour UK and overseas support
- Sunken Dreams Member(s) of Staff
- Dive & Travel Insurance
- Relevant Vaccinations
- Passport applications oe renewals
- Supporting documents that might be required by non-EU nationals
- Underwater DVD documentary of Academy Dive Group
- Adventure Photobook Album (can be packaged with DVD)
- Dive & Travel Insurance
- Taxi transfers to or from UK based airports
- Extra pre-booked Activities
- Specialised dive equipment
- PADI Specialties – Recommended: Underwater Photography / Nitrox / Deep