Sea turtles are some of the most wonderful animals to dive with. You will want to dive with them even more after completing the Sea Turtle Ecology Specialty program! This specialty program provides the skills and concepts you need to recognize and identify common sea turtle species. It teaches you about the fascinating history of sea turtles, their role in marine ecosystems and threats to their survival. Upon completion, you will earn the Sea Turtle Ecology Specialty certification.
Become aware of the plight of the Sea turtles in our oceans, become a marine protector and help to increase awareness and spread the word. Six of the seven species of sea turtles are threatened or endangered with many sea turtles facing mortal danger from a variety of threats as they travel the oceans.
- Become aware of the plight of the Sea turtles
- Learn about Global Sea Turtle challenges
- Learn about the marine Ecosystem and the role of Sea Turtles within the Marine Ecosystem
- Learn about the seven species of Sea Turtles, their habitats and population status
- Learn responsible dive and snorkel practices when swimming with a sea turtle