Looking for the first step in working with scuba as a career? Your adventure into the professional levels of recreational scuba diving begins with the PADI Divemaster course. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, in this program you expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to a professional level to manage scuba diver-realted opportunities affectively.
PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers. PADI Divemaster is the prerequisite certification for both the PADI Assistant Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certifications.
The PADI Divemaster Programme is a great way to travel the world as a Dive Professional and offers leadership opportunities for a range of budding journalists, passionate conservationists and more to establish a range of technical projects to help change the landscape of reefs and marine species across the world.
Once accepting the terms to begin your Divemaster programme, you also accept that you are willing to explore the art of teaching and giving back to the community through the sport of diving. Divemasters will learn core teaching techniques, develop high level demonstrative skills in order to help take students on their journey to discover the underwater world.
Teachers have three loves: love of learning, love of learners, and the love of bringing the first two loves together. – Scott Hayden
Course Programme Highlights:
During your course programme, Academy divers will complete the following:
PADI Divemaster Course Outline:
During the PADI Divemaster course, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organise and solve problems as well as help others improve their improve their scuba. You will put this knowledge into action through a structured internship and series of practical training exercises.
The course comprises of:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
- Leadership, Dive Psychology & Decision making procedures
- Dive conservation techniques
It is also important to note that the Divemaster programme can be tailored to suit a range of schedules over an intensive two month period to a longer part time two year completion. We find that many of our Divemasters in Training have a range of commitments and therefore we prepare their contact time accordingly.
Academy Divers have exclusive access to our My Classroom e-Learning facilities alongside PADI Materials access to combine with their dive skills in both confined and open water environments.
- All relative PADI course materials
- Sunken Dreams My Classroom e-Learning Media
- Scuba Diving related training aids
- Scuba Diving Equipment suitable for the the Programme
- Professional Dive Instructor & Tuition
- Liability Forms, Relative Paper Work
- Academy Membership Update
- PADI PIC Card certification (only for ‘full’ programmes or where stated)
- Completed paperwork and pre-dive administration
- Sunken Dreams Member(s) of Staff Account Manager
- Full PADI Diver Certifications
What's Not Included
- Transport to and from training location
- Food and Beverage
- Dive & Travel Insurance
- Relevant Vaccinations
- Passport applications or renewals (where required)
- Supporting documents that might be required by non-EU nationals
- European Health Insurance Card
- Costs for medication whilst on expedition
- PADI Divemaster Processing Fee & Annual renewal fee. SDSDA will help guide you with this process
- For Divemasters looking to actively teach in the UK after certification, please be aware that a professional dive insurance, HSE medical and DBS maybe applicable depending on where you intend to teach. SDSDA will help guide you with this process
For more information pleases see our Answers to Your Questions section.