With Enriched Air/Nitrox you can dive more safely and for longer (subject to certain limits, of course), since your body absorbs less nitrogen than when diving with air. Enriched Air/Nitrox also allows for shorter surface intervals between two subsequent dives. The course takes approximately half a day. It may be combined with a full day guided diving.
Enriched Air/Nitrox dives are an optional extra (a supplement applies). You will learn how to plan and conduct Enriched Air/Nitrox dives, analyze the oxygen content of your tank, complete a fill log and how to rent nitrox tanks properly in the future. Your Specialty certification allows you to dive with Enriched Air/Nitrox worldwide. No wonder many divers choose this as their very first specialty.
Enriched air or nitrox safely allows divers to bend our physiological limitations to complete deeper dives longer and more efficiently. It can be a real asset for diving on certain wrecks, with particular marine life or unique underwater topography. – Academy Director
This Specialty course certification also counts as one of five Specialty certifications required for Master Scuba Diver Rating.
Course Programme Highlights:
During your course programme, Academy divers will complete the following:
PADI Nitrox Diver Specialty Course Outline:
You’ll learn why diving with air that has higher oxygen and lower nitrogen content gives you more bottom time, along with enriched air equipment considerations. During a practical session, and two optional (or required) scuba dives, you will:
- Discuss managing oxygen exposure.
- Practice analyzing oxygen content in your scuba tank.
- Set your dive computer for diving with enriched air nitrox.
To complete your Enriched Air Nitrox Diver Course (AOW) you can complete the programme in one of two ways:
Option 1 (No Nitrox Dives Included):
- This will certify you to dive with Enriched Air Nitrox, and covers the classroom theory and practical applications but without any dives.
Option 2 (2x Nitrox Dives Included):
- This course is completed over 1 day. Locations for this course include 2 dives either in the UK or on our overseas expeditions.
Academy Divers have exclusive access to our My Classroom e-Learning facilities alongside PADI Materials access to combine with their dive skills in both confined and open water environments.
- All relative PADI course materials
- Sunken Dreams My Classroom e-Learning Media
- Scuba Diving related training aids
- Scuba Diving Equipment suitable for the the Programme
- Professional Dive Instructor & Tuition
- Liability Forms, Relative Paper Work
- Academy Membership Update
- PADI PIC Card certification (only for ‘full’ programmes or where stated)
- Completed paperwork and pre-dive administration
- Sunken Dreams Member(s) of Staff Account Manager
- Full PADI Diver Certifications
What's Not Included
- Transport to and from training location
- Food and Beverage
- Dive & Travel Insurance
- Relevant Vaccinations
- Passport applications or renewals (where required)
- Supporting documents that might be required by non-EU nationals
- European Health Insurance Card
- Costs for medication whilst on expedition
For more information pleases see our Answers to Your Questions section.