Has it been a while since you’ve been scuba diving? Do you feel like your scuba skills and knowledge are a bit rusty? The Scuba Review Tune-up reacquaints you with diving so that you’re back to feeling comfortable in the underwater world in less than a day. Scuba Review’s are perfect for divers preparing for upcoming expeditions or just to keep your skills up.
The Academy is delighted that divers have taken the first step to getting back scuba diving, but we are also aware that for some, extra time and care maybe required to build a diver’s confidence to get back in the water. We remind divers completing scuba reviews that they are the ones who have taken the first step to get back up to speed and we are just as excited as they are to welcome them home.
Every traveler has a home of his own, and he learns to appreciate it the more from his wandering. – Charles Dickens
Course Programme Highlights:
During your course programme, Academy divers will complete the following:
PADI Scuba Review Course Outline:
You’ll go over important dive safety concepts, dive planning essentials and problem management. Your PADI Professional will have you practice putting your gear together and doing a predive safety check with your buddy. In the water, you’ll review all the basic scuba skills with a focus on good buoyancy control.
To complete your Scuba Review programme you revise the scuba knowledge you learned during your initial training. Then, practice fundamental skills in a pool or a confined water area.
Your instructor will review with you:
- Safe diving practices
- Dive planning fundamentals
- Problem management
- Breathing air at depth
- Recreational diving and dive tables: basic knowledge
- Recreational diving and dive tables: dive planning
- Organising paperwork and logbook proving you have had a training update in the past 12 months
Any certified diver who needs a refresher, pre-travel update, pre-assessment for a continuing education course or an upgrade from Junior diver can complete a Scuba Review to go over important dive safety concepts, dive planning essentials, and problem management.
Scuba Review is also great for non-certified divers who are referred to complete training or PADI Scuba Divers whom are going on to Open Water Diver certification.
Academy Divers have exclusive access to our My Classroom e-Learning facilities alongside PADI Materials access to combine with their dive skills in both confined and open water environments.
- All relative PADI course materials
- Sunken Dreams My Classroom e-Learning Media
- Scuba Diving related training aids
- Scuba Diving Equipment suitable for the the Programme
- Professional Dive Instructor & Tuition
- Liability Forms, Relative Paper Work
- Academy Membership Update
- PADI PIC Card certification (only for ‘full’ programmes or where stated)
- Completed paperwork and pre-dive administration
- Sunken Dreams Member(s) of Staff Account Manager
- Full PADI Diver Certifications
What's Not Included
- Transport to and from training location
- Food and Beverage
- Dive & Travel Insurance
- Relevant Vaccinations
- Passport applications or renewals (where required)
- Supporting documents that might be required by non-EU nationals
- European Health Insurance Card
- Costs for medication whilst on expedition
For more information pleases see our Answers to Your Questions section.