The PADI Thresher Shark Diver Specialty Course has been written by our associate dive centre in the Phiippines and exclusive to our associates and our members diving on our expeditions in the Philippines. This is a PADI sanctioned course, written in conjunction with educational consultants.
Alongside diver theoretical development sessions on general shark and thresher shark behaviour and impact, divers will complete two dives on Monad Shoal and learn how to dive with thresher sharks. You will lead a dive in search of sharks. Divers will observe the sharks and add the information to the TSD shark database.
Sharks are beautiful animals, and if you’re lucky enough to see lots of them, that means that you’re in a healthy ocean. You should be afraid if you are in the ocean and don’t see sharks. – Sylvia Earle
This Specialty course certification also counts as one of five Specialty certifications required for Master Scuba Diver Rating.
Course Programme Highlights:
During your course programme, Academy divers will complete the following:
PADI Thresher Shark Diver Specialty Course Outline:
To complete your Thresher Shark Diver Specialty there are two academic presentations which include slides and video footage as well as two shark dives at the world famous Monad Shoal Dive Site. During the two dives you will focus on Monad Shoal and how to dive with thresher sharks. You will lead a dive in search of sharks & observe the sharks and add the information to our shark database.
Section 1: Shark Fundamentals:
- Shark classification and evolution
- Social behaviour
- Human interactions
Section 2: Thresher sharks:
- Thresher shark biology, behaviour
- Monad Shoal
- Why the threshers are here
- How to interact with thresher sharksr
- How to find and observe thresher sharks
- In-field observation methods such as how to determine gender, categorizing movement patterns, etc.
If you’ve earned the PADI Adventure Diver rating or higher, and you’re at least 15 years old, you can enroll in the Deep Diver course.
Academy Divers have exclusive access to our My Classroom e-Learning facilities alongside PADI Materials access to combine with their dive skills in both confined and open water environments.
- All relative PADI course materials
- Sunken Dreams My Classroom e-Learning Media
- Scuba Diving related training aids
- Scuba Diving Equipment suitable for the the Programme
- Professional Dive Instructor & Tuition
- Liability Forms, Relative Paper Work
- Academy Membership Update
- PADI PIC Card certification (only for ‘full’ programmes or where stated)
- Completed paperwork and pre-dive administration
- Sunken Dreams Member(s) of Staff Account Manager
- Full PADI Diver Certifications
What's Not Included
- Transport to and from training location
- Food and Beverage
- Dive & Travel Insurance
- Relevant Vaccinations
- Passport applications or renewals (where required)
- Supporting documents that might be required by non-EU nationals
- European Health Insurance Card
- Costs for medication whilst on expedition
For more information pleases see our Answers to Your Questions section.