Alongside diver theoretical development sessions on general shark behaviour and impact, divers will complete one dive and learn techniques on how to dive with a range of sharks. You will lead a dive in search of sharks. Divers will observe the sharks and add the information to shark databases.
The PADI AWARE Shark Diver Specialty Course has two academic presentations which include slides and video footage as well as one shark AWARE dive. During the two dives you will focus on diving, biology, classification : Syestema Naturae and Binomial Nomenclature, definition of species, systematic, identification key, similarities among sharks, recognition of the dorsal fin and caudal fin, similarities to other marine animals.
Sharks are beautiful animals, and if you’re lucky enough to see lots of them, that means that you’re in a healthy ocean. You should be afraid if you are in the ocean and don’t see sharks. – Sylvia Earle
This Specialty course certification also counts as one of five Specialty certifications required for Master Scuba Diver Rating.
Course Programme Highlights:
During your course programme, Academy divers will complete the following:
PADI AWARE Shark Diver Specialty Course Outline:
At the end of your classroom session and two open water dives, you will be able to explain:
- The conservation status of sharks, why they are unique and vulnerable, and the importance of healthy shark populations.
- How to manage threats to sharks, recognize the value of sharks and remove barriers to conservation.
- Best practices for diving with sharks
- Actions you can take to protect sharks and how joining a global movement of divers can help to protect sharks.
If you’ve earned the PADI Adventure Diver rating or higher, and you’re at least 15 years old, you can enroll in the Deep Diver course.
Academy Divers have exclusive access to our My Classroom e-Learning facilities alongside PADI Materials access to combine with their dive skills in both confined and open water environments.
- All relative PADI course materials
- Sunken Dreams My Classroom e-Learning Media
- Scuba Diving related training aids
- Scuba Diving Equipment suitable for the the Programme
- Professional Dive Instructor & Tuition
- Liability Forms, Relative Paper Work
- Academy Membership Update
- PADI PIC Card certification (only for ‘full’ programmes or where stated)
- Completed paperwork and pre-dive administration
- Sunken Dreams Member(s) of Staff Account Manager
- Full PADI Diver Certifications
What's Not Included
- Transport to and from training location
- Food and Beverage
- Dive & Travel Insurance
- Relevant Vaccinations
- Passport applications or renewals (where required)
- Supporting documents that might be required by non-EU nationals
- European Health Insurance Card
- Costs for medication whilst on expedition
For more information pleases see our Answers to Your Questions section.